Is there a lot going on in eMobility in Berlin? I wasn’t sure, so I started to put together a list… I split things over a couple different categories, to make it more organized.
Local independent companies that do something that relates to eMobility – building or marketing vehicles, related technology or earning money with renting out electric vehicles etc..
- Ubitricity: Works on electric car charging stations, integrated in street lights.
- Unu: Well-funded startup that is building and selling electric scooters.
- eMio: Electric scooter rental startup, currently focused on Berlin city center (area within the S-Bahn Ring).
- coModule: Smart electronics for light electronic vehicles, partly in Berlin, partly in Estonia.
- Grace Bikes: E-Bike constructor and producer, with connections to Biesenthal, north of Berlin.
- Boréal Bikes: E-Bike and smart bike component constructor and producer.
Where to buy electric vehicles and accessories for them.
- e-motion e-Bike Welt Berlin: e-motion is a specialized retail chain for e-bikes, with a branch in Berlin.
- Wingwheels: Online shop for ebikes and accessories and a concept store on Kastanienalle.
- Tesla Motors: The most famous electric vehicle company has a store on Ku’damm (among other places in/around Berlin)
Projects of corporates around emobility.
- RWE elounge: Rent an e-car, Segway or electric scooter at Friedrichstraße.
- Citroen Multicity: E-Car sharing around Berlin.
- Bosch (?): Bosch has a fairly big office here. Not sure if they work on Bosch’s ebikes and emobility products here though.
Where to charge your EV.
- Chargemap: A map of charging stations.
- eMO Berlin: Government agency for emobility.
- emobility in Mitte: Related initiative specifically for Berlin Mitte.
- Bundesverband eMobilität e.V.: Industry organization for emobility.
- eMobility Summit: Two-day conference.
eMO Berlin has a much more extensive overview, in the form of a map. Arguably with some “noise” though, as some companies and organizations mapped there are only marginally relevant for emobility.
to be continued…